One from the archives that is a particular favorite!
“Friends are like windows through which you see out into the world
and back into yourself… If you don’t have friends you see much
less than you otherwise might.” ~ Merle Shain
WINDOWS ON THE WORLD
Windows are such an integral part of all architecture that sometimes we hardly notice them
unless our space doesn’t have any at all. When we don’t have any windows, we notice
their absence immediately. We may feel closed in without windows to provide a connection
to the outside world.
* Windows let in light to dark places.
* Windows provide us with a view to other spaces, generally outside, but not always.
* If they open, windows give us a means to circulate fresh air into our space.
* Well designed windows add a focal point to any room.
* Windows can create moods and uplift our ch’i (energy).
In feng shui terms, windows…
View original post 443 more words